Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 56: Thanks

Until I had Eliza I never realized how generous my friends and ward members were. I never really understood making a meal for someone. I didn't know why you did it or how you would even know to do it. When I had Eliza our ward brought meals for a week after we got home from the hospital. And when I got pnemonia my friend Ronnie insisted on bringing dinner. At first you don't think you need it but then you realize that it sure is nice.

I was talking with my friend Jenny about receiving meals and we both decided that we would like to have meals delivered to us EVERY day!

Well when one of my other friends asked to bring her son over because her husband had to go into the hospital for an emergency out patient surgery I said, "Totally!"  As her son was hanging out with Eliza, Ellie and myself the thought finally came to my mind "I need to make them dinner!" As I scrambled through my cupboards I located 5 very unrelated items (at least in my mind) and decided to call my mom. Of course my mom made a delicious meal out of those 5 ingredients and I delived it later that night. At first my friend said she didn't need it but by the time I brought it over she couldn't have been happier at the sight of the meal.

That is the day it finally clicked for me. That is what womanhood is all about, and what Relief Society is about. Now I am always looking for a reason to make someone dinner or have someone over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
After a long time of searching we found each other in our local singles ward in Sparks, NV. We fell in love, got engaged and were married on June 21, 2008. Later that year we welcomed Ellie our little chihuahua, in September 2009 Eliza Christine joined our family, and in May 2011 Lucas Ivin was born. We are enjoying life in Reno and are looking forward to new adventures!

Followers



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com